Many homes have faulty light fittings, where they have either been installed cheaply, or by somebody who isn’t quite as experienced as they should be to be carrying out electrical work at this kind of level. If you think that your home might have an electrical fault, it’s important you rectify this as soon as possible – faulty electrics can lead to fire.
These are some signs that you may have a problem:
- You light switches blow the fuse. If your fuse blows when you switch on the lights, this could indicate a faulty connection.
- Lights have simply stopped working, or flicker a lot. If you have tried changing the bulb and things still don’t improve, then you may well have a problem on your hands.
- Light bulbs run out very quickly. This is especially unusual if you have LED lights, which should last for years. If your bulbs stop working long before they should, speak to an electrician.