Some products are made to solve problems. Sadly, some create more problems than they solve, but others are so well designed and made that they can put an end to some common difficulties. Hormann sectional garage doors fit into the problem solving category – they are designed and made to suit a wide range of garages and homes, and they are incredibly well thought out. If you think that a Hormann garage door might be a good option for you, it is definitely worthwhile considering their sectional door range. If you have looked at sectional doors before and think that you might want one for your garage, however you have not got your mind set on a particular brand yet and you don’t really know where to start, then Hormann could again be a very good option. A Hormann sectional door is worth considering for many homeowners in a wide range of property types.
A sectional door features a novel design that is not like any other kind of door. It is based on having different panels, which are carefully fitted together so that the door can open and close. It opens with a vertical mechanism, so the door goes up into the top of the garage rather than opening out onto the drive. The space saving possibilities here are vast; there is no need to worry about parking your car too close to the garage and not being able to open the door or, worse, accidentally damaging the car by opening the door too close to it. This is just one of the ways in which a Hormann garage door can solve a common problem for you and there are many, many more.
These are some of the most common problems that can be easily rectified by a sectional garage door from Hormann:
- Fitting a door into a space with low headroom. Sectional doors come in a variety of sizes and can be made to measure as well if preferred. They can easily be fitted into doorways where there is low headroom – this might be more challenging with a cheaper, more basic garage door from a lower quality brand. Hormann doors are highly customisable and are of superior quality.
- Opening a garage door onto a small driveway. This can be challenging when a door sticks out onto the driveway and it is already a small space to park a car. The vertical opening of a sectional garage door from Hormann will mean that there is more usable space on a driveway, making day to day life easier and giving you more use from your drive. You may even be able to park an extra car on it, and you can move these cars up much close to the garage without the worry of damaging them.
- Garage doors breaking because they are too cheap or are from a poor quality brand. When you buy too cheap you often buy an inferior quality product. Rather than having to buy a new garage door in no time at all, it is preferable to buy a quality door from a leading brand like Hormann. This will ensure you are getting a quality product and there will usually be some kind of guarantee too, so you are protected if something does still happen to go wrong.
- The garage door getting damaged. One of the great things about a sectional door, and one of the reasons why they can last for such a long time, is that individual panels on the door can be replaced. This means that if the door is damaged, the whole thing does not need to be replaced, as would be the case with other types of door. If you buy a Hormann product you can choose to have one of their engineers carry out repairs and any necessary work to your garage door for you in future (you can also choose for Hormann to install the door initially to avoid any issues with the installation process.)
- A small garage with a lack of storage space inside. When a door like an up and over door is opened, it sticks out into the garage to an extent so the arc that it moves through needs to be taken into consideration. A sectional door is fitted onto tracks and slides neatly into a space in the roof when opened. As long as items are not placed too near the tracks, you will have a lot more freedom with configuring the space inside your garage.
Electric garage door openers can be attached to almost any type of garage door to make sure they open more easily. This might not sound like something that would necessarily make a huge difference, but in reality on a practical day to day basis, it can make an enormous difference to your life. Think about never having to open up a garage door ever again; instead, you have the option to open it automatically with a button, remote control or even with wi-fi.
One of the other great benefits of electric door openers is that they’re basically universal and can be attached to almost any kind of garage door, perhaps most often up and over garage doors. They can sometimes be fitted by you, though they are electric and so a qualified electrician is usually the best option if you don’t have experience. The main thing is they can open doors quickly and easily to make everyday life easier.
Sectional doors might be manual but in more cases than not, they are operated electrically. This means they can be operated using a switch or button, Wi Fi, or a remote control, so in some cases, you can control a sectional garage door from anywhere, depending on the option you choose. All sectional doors will be very well engineered and very reliable, whether they are manual or electric, but there are arguably more benefits available with an electric door.
If you opt for an automatic sectional door have it installed by someone who is qualified to work with electricity. Not only will this be safer, it will also be better for the longevity of the door and will ensure that it is reliable, opening and closing with a smooth and rapid motion. Manual doors are possible to install yourself but will still benefit from professional installation for the best possible fit and optimum security.
Garage doors can open in one of two ways: manually or automatically. Automatic garage doors are opened using a motor so that this doesn’t have to be done by hand – this might involve using a mobile phone app, a remote control, a button, or another type of control device. Electric operators for garage doors can be used to automatic existing ones so that you don’t have to be replace entirely. The operator can be installed retrospectively and will work just as well as a new door would.
Is it always possible to install electric motor drives on garage doors? It will very much depend on compatibility and the type of door you have. If there is a motor that will work with it, then you can usually successfully automate your garage door. This will depend on many factors and as such, there are quite a few considerations and scenarios to go over in your head before choosing an automatic garage door opener.
Door automation will depend on a number of other factors as well as sourcing an electric operator:
- The quality of your current door. If it is starting to get old and is not in great condition, you might not be able to successfully automate it. If it is made of wood, you also might find that it has shrunk or warped which might make it ill fitting in the frame, causing problems with automation.
- The amount you want to spend. Automation is not the cheapest option for a garage door so if you only have a small budget, it might not be the best choice. Research options and prices to find out, as they will usually be significantly cheaper than buying a brand new automatic door.
- Brands. You will need a brand that is compatible with your current garage door. If you find that it doesn’t have the right compatibility or is older and no longer in manufacture, it might be harder to buy an operator that will work.
Installing a garage door electric operator – can you do this successfully on your own?
Installing an operator tends to be a job for the professionals. It is a tricky job that involves electricity so is not something you want to get wrong. If the job is not carried out successfully, then it will potentially jeopardise your garage door – as well as your safety. It is worth the cost to have garage doors with openers installed professionally.
Choosing a garage door opener – is it the right option for you?
A garage door opener may or may not be the right option for you. If you have a garage door that is currently in good condition and you want a convenient, lower cost solution for opening it, then an automatic opener might be a good solution. If your garage door is old and could do with being replaced anyway due to security, safety or energy efficiency reasons, then you would probably be best with a new automatically operated garage door altogether.
Automatic garage doors work with electricity, so rather than opening them by hand like an up and over garage door, you will be able to press a button to open or close them. You can also link them up to smart home technology and you can operate them with apps, through your mobile phone or a tablet computer. This gives you a great deal of control over the way you use your door and it makes your home much more streamlined, helping you to speed up everyday processes.
Security is another important factor when choosing garage doors. An automatic door will be highly secure, especially if you invest in a good quality brand. It’s very much worth the extra money to buy a reputable, quality door that will stand the test of time. It will also be worth the extra money to give you more freedom and make your home more secure.
As a business owner, you want to do what is best for your business, your staff and your business property. High speed doors are an effective way to boost your security credentials and improve efficiencies at the same time, making them a great investment for savvy business owners in the commercial or industrial sector. They can work very well with all types of buildings, helping to control access in an efficient manner and making sure that security is improved – as well as increasing ease of access, it can also keep out the people who shouldn’t be there.
There are various types of high speed doors on the market, for both internal and external use. If you are interested in improving security, then external doors will be your main focus. Internal doors can also control access within a building, though, making certain areas restricted access to control the flow of people within. Doors come in various sizes and can be made to measure where needed to give you the high speed door solutions you need for your premises.
As two of the main benefits are efficiency and security, let’s take a look at these points in more detail and establish exactly how these doors can be of assistance.
High speed doors for improving efficiencies in a manufacturing, industrial or commercial environment
High speed doors are often used by business owners with a great deal of logistical elements to consider in their work. Where operations need to be optimised, the right type of entry facilities are essential. You can consider high speed doors with specific types of control mechanisms, which can be used to control how and when people enter. They might also be used to allow fork lift trucks to enter the premises, and other vehicles where need to assist with operations. If you have a good system set up already, then high speed doors can be incorporated into this. If you are changing processes to make your business operations more efficient, then high speed doors can really help. They can help to regulated temperature inside of the building, and they can open at such a speed that they won’t delay people getting into the building as is required. You can rely on high speed doors to ensure the operational element of your business is running smoothly.
High speed doors for improving security – how can they assist with access control?
High speed doors are fully automated and will open and close quickly on demand. This means that it would be very difficult for someone to gain access when they shouldn’t, without the right permissions. However, it may be a concern if the door opens automatically – in this case, there are other systems that can be put in place to ensure full security of the building. It is important to consult with the door supplier to make sure the doors you install have the right settings and security protocols in place for your particular business premises. Doors are made from sturdy, resilient materials like steel to help prevent break ins.
Remote control garage doors are no longer a luxury – they are almost the norm, as so many people have them installed in their homes. They are a reasonable price, making them attainable to many families and adding that touch of personalisation to a home.
Some garage doors will be installed as electric doors and you can specify a remote control function at this point. However, if you want a remote control fitting to your door retrospectively, then you will need to have a garage door opener installed. This is a mechanism that allows a door to be opened electrically, and you can use a remote control as well to open the door from afar. It’s not difficult, though you will need to have the correct type of garage door in the first place and may need to have a professional installation. This will more, but will make sure it functions perfectly.
Installing high speed doors for particular industries and applications isn’t just an advantage – it is a necessity for running a business in a certain way. High speed doors allow quick, almost uninterrupted access to a building, but with the added security of having an automatically opening and closing door that will only allow access to authorised people. For other businesses, a high speed door won’t be a non-negotiable feature, but it will help to keep that particular business running as smoothly as possible. This might be the case when it will improve your processes to have high speed doors, and you stand to save time and money by having them. However, there will also be times when the cost of a high speed door might outweigh the benefits. They won’t be right for every business and it is up to you to decide whether you need a high speed door, or whether a standard roller shutter door will be sufficient.
Features of a roller door – could this be enough for your business?
Roller doors are in themselves high tech, highly secure and very practical types of door They are used in many situations, from industrial to residential applications, due to their quality and longevity. They can offer you a number of benefits that might actually be plenty for your business.
- You can enjoy better security. Roller doors don’t have any obvious entry points so they will withstand break in attempts very well. They are useful for businesses that require high security as standard.
- Easy to operate. You can have automatic shutters if you want to open them using a button or switch, making it easier to gain access but at the same time, still very secure.
- A range of styles. Choose roller doors in various colours and styles, good for if you have clients visiting your premises. You can also choose glazing within the door, or have it as one solid sheet of metal for a simpler style of door.
What sets a high speed door apart?
A high speed roller shutter door is one of the most technologically advanced types of door you can install in an industrial or factory application. These are some of the features that set a high speed door apart:
- The speed of opening and closing. Doors can open and close at a speed of 3 metres per second, if you choose certain types of door. The whole operation can be completed far quicker.
- Temperatures can be kept more constant. This is ideal if you have stock that needs to be kept at a consistent temperature, which is often the case in a warehouse. The doors open and shut quickly to prevent air circulation happening too quickly and cooling or warming the interior.
- It saves energy. By keeping your space at a consistent temperature, you are saving on your energy and running costs.
- Convenient. You can allow forklifts and people to pass through the doors very quickly. Better efficiency and better processes make for a better business.
Air compressors provide industry with an excellent solution for providing decent, value for money power. There are many different kinds available, so it’s important you choose the right kind for you if you are going to get the most out of your air compressor.
The main thing is to know where you are going to be using it, and how. For example, it is very different to use an air compressor in a dental surgery, compared to using an air compressor for power in an enormous factory. On any good air compressor website, you will be able to find the specs that will tell you all you need to know.
You also need to know whether you will be using your compressor in one place, or if you will need it to be transportable. There are many very good mobile air compressors, which you should consider if you are going to be moving it.